Friday, July 10, 2009

God Cares About The Little Stuff

My battery was dead and so I called Good Sam's for a jump. Within twenty minutes they were on the scene and I was on the road. Finished running my errands, came home and turned off the car and something told me to try turning it on again....click...dead again! I hung my head and slumped my shoulders.

I took a deep breath, looked around the parking lot but not a soul was in sight. I went over to the apartment office, nobody there. I sighed, came back out and saw a couple that I recognized. Said my perfunctory "Good morning" and got right into what I needed..."Got jumpers?"

Joseph and Mary (yep!..that's their real names) hooked their battery to mine, gave me the high sign and vvrrroooom! Back in business! Joe noticed that may alternator was charging and concluded that it was my battery that needed replacing. He said Wal-Mart had a good price and they would install it for me (great news for the mechanically inept...me!). I was sincerely thanking the calvary for the help when Mary started waving a checkbook at Joe. "God said to give him money for a new battery." Joe didn't hesitate and started to write a check.

"That's not necessary" I protested. "God said to do it," Mary told me. Joe mentioned that a battery would probably cost $85 but Mary called from the car, "Give him $100."

After they left, I left the car running, went into the apartment and said to Lucy "You'll never believe what just happened." "What did God do this time?" she said.

Lucy knows God. She expects Him to love and care for us because that is what His word says. Her faith teaches me every day. God never really surprises us anymore but He always amazes us! Almighty God cares about the little things in our lives. Wow!

No comments: