Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Contagious!

There is a great line from Og Mandino's classic book The Greatest Salesman In The World. It is in the third scroll on page 64 and simply says this... "I hear not those who weep and complain, for their disease is contagious."

The truth is, our attitude and speech, positively or negatively expressed, is contagious! Scripture tells us in Proverbs 13:3 that when we guard our lips we guard our life. I suggest we take it even one step further, when we guard our lips we guard our nation's life!

Politicians, business people and leaders across the country are speaking gloom, despair and economic agony. I don't believe that is helpful to our national attitude. If I am sick, I don't need people standing around telling me how I'm on the brink of death!

Americans don't hang their heads when faced with a problem, we seek and speak solutions. We don't talk about out bad it is but how good it's going to be. Positive action and positive outlook is what built this country and what will continue to build it.

If we are going to be infected by contagious talk, let it be a contagious hope, a contagious confidence and a contagious belief that America may be down but not out, struck down but not destroyed!

1 comment: