Friday, October 23, 2009

Sometimes

Although our friends are doing their best, we're still in Kansas City, still have a water pump situation and still don't know when we're leaving to resume our walk for Christ.

Sometimes it's hard to wait.

My mind equates speaking, writing and walking with movement. It associates movement with being productive. The world says that being productive is a good thing.

My mind also links waiting with being still and doing nothing. Doing nothing paints a picture of sitting around and not contributing. When I am waiting, I get fidgety and sometimes that leads to a case of the "shoulds"..."I should be doing this" or "I should have done that." Should often leads to self-depreciation, a place God does not want us to live

God's Word (Ps. 46:10) tells us to...
"Be still and know that I am God"
Be still and know that I AM
Be still and know
Be still
Be

The world tells us to go, move, get busy but two thousand years ago Jesus knocked the "L" out of the world and left us with God's Word.

Sometimes it's hard to wait but... just for today...I'll stand on God's Word... and Be.

No comments: